As a surprise, I’m very pleased and excited about the new Timeline feature that Facebook has introduced. It looks very neat and sleek indeed. To be honest, the one feature that I’ve really laid my eyes on is the possibility of looking back at all my old posts with ease, and Facebook Timeline promises to do just that and more!
Unfortunately, not everyone is on Facebook timeline as of now. It’s currently open to Developers and will soon roll out to the general population on Facebook. If you’re so excited like yours truly was when I first heard about Facebook timeline, then these easy steps might help you out get started with timeline before everyone else does!
Get Facebook timeline now
1. First, for obvious reasons, you have to be logged in to your Facebook account.
2.Visit this section of Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/developers.
*You may enable Facebook for Developers with a Credit Card OR (luckily) with a valid mobile number.
3. Create your first application on Facebook! Name it whatever you want, do whatever you want with it too. Just make sure you fill up everything required and given.
4. Once you’re inside your application, look for the “Open Graph” header.
5. Create a test action for your app, like “kill a movie”, or “eat a fly” or whatever that pops up in your mind. Don’t forget to click on Get Started. Try this around 2-3 times.
6. Head over to your Facebook homepage (Facebook.com) and you should see the friendly invite for you to try Facebook timeline.
7. Enjoy and share this with your friends and colleagues!