Many people nowadays are in love with Amazing Thai Food. But did you know that this flavoursome and spicy food is also incredibly good for you? The ancient blend of fresh spices and herbs used in preparing Thai foods will help us get the nutrients, antioxidants, disease-fighting and immune system boosting potential of this food to achieve that lifelong health and fitness.
The following are some of the health benefits that we can get from eating Thai foods:
- The Thai ingredients such as turmeric, coriander, galangal, and basil have powerful antioxidants that help fight inflammation, protect the body from damage by toxins and free radicals and improve the body’s immune system.
- The chilli pepper and coconut milk in Thai foods work to keep your heart healthy and run smoothly. Coconut milk has become the healthy substitute of traditional fats like butter and vegetable oils. The fatty acids in coconut milk help promote good cholesterol while lowering the bad cholesterol.
- Lemongrass which is the key ingredient in Thailand’s favourite soup, Tom Yum Soup, has been a Chinese medicine in fighting colds and flu. Enjoy taking your Thai soup because it also relieves headaches and stomach cramps.
- Some ingredients in Thai food offer anti-aging benefits. These ingredients are the basil, turmeric, coconut milk, plus the vegetables used such as broccoli, sprouts, and other “greens”. These ingredients makes you calm, receive skin-enhancing fatty acids and anti-inflammatory protection of your body. Turmeric also fights against arthritis.
- The chilli pepper content of Thai food will also help us sleep better because it fights insomnia and will help us fall asleep and stay asleep longer.
Truly amazing Thai food indeed! It does not only taste good, but gives you lots of health benefits too.