I was supposed to release the post on what a blogger should be, but since I lost that draft somewhere I’ll bore you with this post instead.
Blogging is something special, attributed not to everyone, imagine, in the Philippines alone, you count to those 15% of which can operate a WordPress Installation and merely 19% of those who can blog at all. It’s an quite impressive number if you’d ask me.
Why waste this gift given to you? Let’s make use of it wisely, and not the way I’ll state below:
You’re not a blogger when:
- You can’t follow simple comment ethics – Why did you bother anyway to leave a comment on a blog when all you have to do is just simply promote your website? As if you like to be treated like that. More insights about this on the Comment Love post.
- Don’t have a Technorati Account – It’s very vital to get your blogs in there (I believe that usually they will be tracked by Technorati automatically, but I guess not all of them). Sooner or later, you’ll find out about the importance of the ranking attribution called Authority.
- You are just blogging for Money – There are a lot of people that I know that don’t know what the real essence of blogging is, some are just up for the money, while yes, others are earning while blogging. But, do you really think that there’s not even one of the many bloggers who just blogs to earn money? Like those on MFA sites?
- You don’t have a Feedburner Account – It’s vital to get your Feed and latest content to the latest updating services like Google Blog Search and many more, pinging to all these can be an ease with Feedburner, and is even more reliable than the ping-o-matic that I know on WordPress.
- Don’t have a Commentluv account – Get that bonus link back using Commentluv and get a better comment volume with it, trust me it works!
- Haven’t browsed the WordPress Plugin Storage (for WordPress.ORG Bloggers) over and over looking for that missing plugin that you need – I know how it feels having your blog incomplete, with something missing, something that you just can’t find anywhere, but after digging around the garage of plugins, believe me, you’ll find what you need.
- You don’t have 5 and more WordPress Plugins installed (for WordPRess.ORG Bloggers), don’t deny it, I know you’ve got more than silly five plugins installed on your blog, the initial plugins that all blogs need are more than 5 and go by the names
- All In One SEO
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Subscribe to Comments
- Comment Remix
- Are Not Using WordPress 2.5.x or above – Hey, when did you last updated your blog?
- You Don’t Visit More Than 10 Blogs per day – I know a lot are laughing about this small number I’m putting on, but there are indeed people who don’t really blog hop that often, and you’ll know why in my next reason.
- You Don’t Have a Google Feed Reader – Why visit blog by blog only to found out that there is nothing new going on, or if there is something, you’re facing a sponsored posts. Read before visit, Google Reader can help you save time with it.
- You Don’t Have a Entrecard.Com account (excluding WordPress.Com Bloggers) – It’s a great aid for upstarts and for established blog to get a little bonus in terms of unique hits, but consistent readers? I don’t really know.
- You Don’t Have A Google Analytics Account – Don’t tell me you don’t care about your stats, do you?
- And last but not the least, you’re not a blogger if you won’t post about this topic on your blog with a link to this post and a chance to win 700 EntreCredits and get featured in the featured site category on this blog. You should state in your post the factors that for you are taboo for bloggers 🙂
- Oh and not to forget, you’re not a blogger if you won’t leave a nice comment 😀