Rivals in the blogging software business MovableType and WordPress bumped each others way! How can’t day? After the foul article of MovableType about a tricky post which is said to present a guide on how to upgrade wordpress 2.5, yet instead persuading wordpress users to switch to MT4
That was a very desperate from you guys, but you can’t fish a single fish out of it, no, you really cannot 🙂 I wonder what made them think of going Open Source? Because of the competition? Or by the way, do you really call it a competition? I mean, posting such a dirty post? Nah, movable sucks. And it really does, from all it’s aspects.
And I even heard on one of MATTS post comments, that it has memory leaks? Dear oh dear.
I know this post is not that expressive, but guys, I want to remind all of you, that MovableType sucks, from all aspects. Don’t ever get it, or you’ll regret it. WordPress is 100% open source, from the start ’til the present, ’til forever. Not only is wordpress free, but also other products of automattic, like buddypress (which we really look forward to), bbpress, akismet and more! MovableType is surely no competition against wordpress, or, and even more against automattic.
I PITY YOU GUYS, BEING SO DESPERATE IN GAINING MORE USERS! -> Address to 6A and MT, of course.
I won’t enumerate all the cons of movable type, but hop over directly to the cons of wordpress:
- It was free, it is free and it stays free.
- It’s regularly updated, with bug patches and cool updates (just like wp 2.5)
- It has a lot of plugins, I mean it, a lot! And 99.5% of them are for free!
- Themes can be created by yourself very easily, and besides, there are a lot of quality themes around!
- It has just such an active support community, that movable type just doesn’t has.
- MATT (the founder of wordpress) has created an even more detailed post on what wordpress has, what is GPL`ed and what is about to come (like buddypress. ayeee!)
YOU SUCK MOVABLE TYPE! GO TO HELL WITH YOUR DESPERATION!